Jun 04, 2018
Who doesn't love a new salad recipe? This one is quick and easy to throw together and beautiful to look at. (Dang, should have take a photo!) It is loaded with so many deliciously healthful ingredients. Serve it up on a hot summer day on a bed of greens and with a side of quinoa and you've got dinner.
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (19 oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
1. Cut avocado into cubes and place in bowl. Squeeze the juice of half a fresh organic lemon all over the avocado and gently toss to combine.
2. Add remaining salad ingredients and dressing. Gently toss once more.
3. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving to allow flavors to blend.