Easy Asian Quinoa
Mar 25, 2019
In a previous blog I had promised to share my NEW favorite recipes with you, as I discover and taste-test them.
Ding ding ding - we have a WINNER!
Easy Asian Quinoa made the cut. (I made it TWICE in the last ten days!)
Once you try it out for yourself, I'm sure you'll agree that "it's a keeper". I mean, what's not to like about this salad?
- It's fast and easy to prepare.
- It's vegan.
- It's chock-full of nourishing ingredients.
- It's a complete protein and a meal-in-one.
- Its contrasting textures make it fun to eat.
- It's full of flavor.
- And it's so, so pretty to look at! (which makes it perfect for pot lucks... or impressing dinner guests.)
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1 cup diced cucumber
1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari sauce or coconut aminos
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Black pepper, to taste
- In saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add salt and quinoa. Cover, turn heat to low, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked. Remove from heat. Fluff with fork. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, edamame, cabbage, red pepper, carrots, and cucumber.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Drizzle dressing over salad when you're ready to serve. Stir gently until thoroughly combined.
Enjoy! This salad is delicious served at room temperature or chilled.